Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


I have been on a fish kick lately and I have to say that we are both enjoying it a lot especially when I have been making a lot of desserts. So eating fish makes me feel less guilty about all the sweet treats I have been eating. I have to say that this meal just came to me as I was prepping my onions. It was like one of those light bulb moment you see when you watch a cartoon. I know, I still from time to time tune in for some good old cartoons, remembering my childhood. Fun times!  Making this meal was even nicer with my hubby in the kitchen with me, helping out, chopping some onions, taking pictures etc…
We always have a lot of fun cooking together. May I say the end product was amazing, this meal hit the spot and it will be on serious repeat here. I hope you enjoy it as much we do, healthy food can be so good ,let's pretend the butter isn't there ;)


PAN SEARED TILAPIA WITH SWEET POTATO AND MUSHROOM HASH WITH A SPICY SAUCE







FOR THE HASH:
1 tablespoon of butter
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
3 medium size sweet potatoes
2 cups of gourmet mushroom mix fresh ( shitaki, portobello and oyster mushroom)
Salt and pepper



Cut the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic.



In a pan , heat up some olive oil with 1 tablespoon of butter. ( skip the butter and make the meal healthier if you want) Then add the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic. Season with some salt and pepper



Add a little of water and put a lid on it too make sure the sweet potatoes cook all the way. It will take about 8 mins or so. Remove the lid and add the mushrooms and let it all cook and brown nicely.


Top the hash with some green onion and this part of the meal is done.


FOR THE SAUCE:

1 sprig of green onion
1/4 cup of cilantro
1 jalapeno ( if you don't like spicy, skip the jalapeno or do half)
 4 tbs of water
1 clove of garlic
1 handful of spinach
salt and pepper



Put all the ingredients in the food processor and in less than 1 minute, you have your sauce. I love the contrast of the sauce the hash, it is like an explosion in your mouth. Yum!


Now for the fish, season both side of the it with salt and pepper
Pan seared the fillets for about 4 mins each side and voila!







No comments:

Post a Comment