Tuesday, July 22, 2014

FOOD FOR THOUGHTS

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I have actually sat down and wrote a post about something personal. Well today I thought was a good day for that. Now I know that on the blog I don't usually post anything too personal. It's usually things that I love or recipes and such but I really wanted to share my thoughts and be transparent. So bare with me, this might take a while.
Tonight Cliff and I sat down and watched the movie "Heaven is for Real". I remember seeing the book a long time ago and I wanted to buy it but somehow I never did but I did read a summary of the it .  To say that this movie touched my heart is an understatement. It really opened up my heart and I feel that my faith has grown stronger and somehow made it raw, in a good way!  It really got me thinking how so many people get lost in things and material things including myself. I have to admit to that, I am guilty as can be. Somehow we get busy with life and even though we go to church and pray, we do the right things, we are not really present sometimes. It's more a force of habit than taking a minute and really sitting down and having a one on one with God! I know that this has been true for me.
It's not until I watched this movie that I've realised all that. It has made my heart full and my faith high. My heart and my faith needed this and I didn't even know it. So to all my friends out there if you haven't seen this movie, please do. It will forever change you and filled your heart with emotions that can't be described.



No comments:

Post a Comment